Before I embark on my trip to Seoul next week, I will teach you guys how to achieve the winged eyeliner + teardrop liner look. This I have to say is my staple eye makeup when I’m too lazy to just think of anything else to do with my face, but I still want to look as if I spent a lot of time on it.
Teardrop liner first of all is basically glitter liner. If you don’t have an Etude House store where you live, don’t feel bad if you can’t get your hands on it because a lot of brands carry glitter liners (NYX, MAC, Urban Decay, Stila, Makeup Forever, etc.). The teardrop liner look is preferred by most Korean celebrities and ulzzangs because it brightens up the eyes and gives that innocent teary doe-eyed look. Korean celebrities who are known to rock this look are T-ara, Bom of 2NE1, and IU.
For this tutorial, I have made a step by step photo procedure to help you guys out on creating this look.
Click below to read through the steps!
1) Start by applying a good eye primer to your lids. This will prevent your eyeliner from smudging. For this I used Etude House’s Proof10 Eye Primer.
2) Create a guide line for your wing using eyeliner. I prefer gel liner as always because I’m used to working with it and it lasts the longest. To make this line, you have to trace the shape of the lower line of your eye and extend it to make a wing.
3) Thicken the wing going inside the outer half of your upper lash line.
4) Trace back the line from the inner half of your eyes to connect to the previous line you made. Make sure the line weight is not consistent. It should be thinner from the inside and thicker as you go out. (Tony Moly Backstage gel liner in Black)
5) Line the outer half of your lower lash line with black eyeliner and smudge. (Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in Zero)
6) Apply a shimmery powder to the inner corners of your eyes. For this one, I used an iridescent white with a purple sheen . You may also use gold or silver. (Victoria Secret Beauty Rush loose powder shadow)
7) Apply the tear drop or glitter liner to the inner half of your lower lash line.
8 ) Lastly, apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes, and you’re done! (Maybelline The Magnum mascara in Black)
Voila! If you practice doing this routine, you can get this done in 5 minutes! Literally an out the door look if you’re a bit lazy like me! ^^
Full face shots because I can! :p
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and let me know if you want me to recreate other looks!